Sunday, September 24, 2006

Sweetness Part Un

He was caught in the middle. He never wanted this at all. He tried to make it work.....but it's all gone to hell. Now he's lost her.

It all started with that memorable evening when he met Alicia at the Library. He was in the business section, searching for a book called "The tales of an economic Assassin", the book he needed to study for his Economics assignment. He couldn't locate the book. So, the obvious thing to do was of course, ask the librarian.

At the Librarian's desk, (her name was Mrs Smythe by the way) he asked,

"Excuse me Mrs. Smythe, could I have a minute" he said in a low hushed voice

"Oh, its you Mr. Jones. Of course you may, how may I help you?" Mrs. Smythe answered with a smile.

" It's just that, I can't seem to locate a book called
"The tales of an economic Assassin". I know the Library stocks it, I checked the online system before I came over." he said

"Oh, that book....the last copy just got checked out not half an hour ago. You just missed it, unlucky." she said

"Are you serious? I really needed that book for an assignment due in a week or so" he says in sad tone

"ummmm, I'm not supposed to do this, but seeing that I know you, I'll make an exception..." Mrs.Smythe replied

" Do what Mrs. Smythe?" he asked

"I'm gonna give you the name and ID of the student that just checked out the book, so you can look for her and maybe persuade her to give the book to you first...."

"That's huge Mrs. Smythe, thanks"

"You're a good kid, you deserve a break"

So, after getting the name and student ID , he immediately headed for Student services. He asked them for the students contact number, and when he got it, he proceeded to call her straight away.

The phone rang a few times, when someone picked up.

"Hello, Alicia...Alicia Daniels?" he asked

"Yes, this is she...who is this?" she asked curiously

"I'm sorry to bother you Alicia, I'm Will Jones, and I got your number from student services. I'm calling because I believe that you just checked out a book from the library called
"The tales of an economic Assassin"?" he explained

"Yes, I did, is there something wrong? What's it got to do with you?" she replied rather firmly, still unsure about the call

"Well, its just that, I really need that book for my assignment, due next week. So, if its not any trouble to you, I would like to ask your permission to maybe have the book first, until I finish my assignment." he elaborated

" Well, its alright with me I guess, I won't be using the book until next month actually. I just like to read ahead." she was starting to sound pleasant

"Its settled then, when can we meet? are you still on campus?" he asked anxiously

"i'm not actually, i'm staying off campus. we can meet tonight if you want, maybe 9-ish, at Bonzo's ?" she suggested

"That's perfect, I'll see you there then, I'll try and get a table near Bonzo, so it'll be easier for us to find each other"

That night they met at Bonzo's the place where all the Uni students hung out. He sat near Bonzo. Bonzo is a statue of a Zebra, the restaurant mascot. There were only 3 tables near Bonzo, so, it was easier for them.

Will came 20 minutes early so that he made sure she could find him near Bonzo. He ordered a coke, and waited for her to come.

At 10 o'clock sharp, he spotted a woman come in, she was beautiful. She was a brunette with short hair, had just the right amount of curves he liked, and a face that looked beautiful even though, he could see she was not wearing too much make up. He hoped it was Alicia. To his amazement, the woman, walked towards Bonzo, and had that look of a woman that was obviously trying to find someone specific. So, he tried his luck and said

"Umm...Excuse me miss, but you wouldn't happen to be Alicia?"

She was startled, looked at him for a while, and answered " oh....uhuh....i'm Alicia.....you must be Will is it?"

Will, still not believing his luck, said " yeah, i'm Bill.....eh.....I mean Will"

She giggled and reached inside her sling bag to pull out the book and handed it to Will while saying "here Will, enjoy the book" and immediately started to turn to leave when Will opened his mouth to say

"uhm, wait.....do you need to leave already? I mean, if you don't have any plans, I was actually planning on buying you dinner, since you've been kind enough to let me use the book."

She paused for a while at his invitation, which made Will nervous. Finally, she said,

"Sure. I'm not doing anything, and i'm starving by the way"

He was relieved she said yes. So she sat down across from him at the table, and waited for the waiter to take thier orders. When that was done, they started talking.

They started with the basics, where they were from, and then to what they studied, and when thier food arrived they were debating about...

"are you serious?...how can you like Half-Blood Prince rather than Order of the Phoenix? HBP was obviously written so that it would be easier for writers to turn it into a screenplay...." Matt says with enthusiasm, enthusiasm that someone 21 years old should not have regarding the topic of Harry Potter.

"But apart from that, HBP answers most of the questions that were left hanging, and it also adds to the conundrum of Snape, is he good or bad?" she answers calmly

They both pause and fiddle with thier fries for a few moments, and when they looked at each other, they started off smiling, then all of a sudden both of them laughed, probably at themselves, at why they were so passionate about a kids story.

They continued thier conversation while eating dinner, on until dessert and till closing time. They got the message from the waiter to leave when the waiter brought them the bill, when normally you were supposed to pay at the counter. They got the message and Will paid. They left Bonzo's and walked towards the parking lot.

They walked towards Alicia's car first and when they arrived, he said

" Alicia, do you think that maybe we could maybe do this again some time? maybe?..."

She looked at him with those sexy hazel eyes, leaned towards him, and gave him a small peck on his cheek, and whispered.....

" I'd love to...." moved away from him to enter the car, looked back towards him with a smile and said ..."if you stopped saying MAYBE......"

And that was that...... Well......not really

To be continued.....




No comments: